Saturday, November 05, 2005

The Table Read - First Entry

Well, we pulled off the table read.

Our cast is great.

Didn't take pictures like I wanted to, but we recorded it. I'll try to grab some stills from the video and post them here.

Meeting with our Director tonight to begin work on the final draft.

The table read revealed several things:

1) The script is really funny, which was definitely an aim, but considering the subject matter, I had no idea how it was going to come off.
2) As a writer, this was the first time I'd heard my words read dramatically out loud. It was nice to hear that these voices in my head for all these months come to life.
3) The characters are great. The dialogue is great. But ...
4) The plot needs work. We've dropped all these people into a very dramatic situation, but the "stakes" aren't what I wanted them to be.

Neil (Director), Adam, and I are going to sit down tonight and start working on that.

The great news is that we have all the "bones." We just need to re-assemble the skeleton.

More later.

Glenn

1 Comments:

At 2:50 PM, Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

if by "big" you mean feature-length and costing more money than we have ... then yes.

It's going to be big.

We had a very good weekend. I'll release more details over the next few days.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home