Sunday, October 23, 2005

Why Support Independent Films?


Top Ten Reasons to Support Independent Film Makers

10. Tired of seeing Tom Cruise, Tom Hanks, or Tommy Lee Jones in every other movie made?

9. Looking for a break from the standard format:
8. The Hollywood movie machine churns out watered down, formulaic scripts compiled by teams of writers who pound every ounce of individuality out of every phrase uttered on screen.

7. "Flight of the Phoenix"

6. How many "Aliens vs. Predator vs. Jason vs. Freddy" movies have to be made before someone gets hurt?

5. Rocky V

4. Just found out I am actually seven degrees from Kevin Bacon. Hope to strengthen relationship by assembling cast of independent film actors.

3. How many times do The Fog, The Longest Yard, Pscyho, War of the Worlds, etc. have to be badly re-made before someone realizes some movies don't need to be re-done? And how many times will we absurdly shell out $10 a pop because "the first one was prettty good" and "Adam Sandler's usually pretty funny."

2. King's Ransom

1. There is an alternative to the tripe the studios attempt to force down your throats.

7 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, Blogger Robert A. Ganoosh said...

Are you guys trying to get me to give you money? If I was to give you money, and then your movie became like the next Napoleon Dynamite, would I get a "cut of the action."

By "cut of the action" I mean money. I'm not coming on to you.

 
At 8:08 AM, Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

Hold the phone, hatman.

You'll see.

 
At 6:42 PM, Blogger The Hanged Man said...

You are a wise blogger, AP. You've followed my trail of bread crumbs.

Did you see the McDougal t-shirts at our CafePress store?

And I have't seen Gummo.

Should I?

 
At 7:17 PM, Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

I liked you better when showgirl teats were up top.

 
At 12:16 PM, Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

The one who's teats were up top.

I always like you.

 
At 7:42 PM, Blogger Friends of McDougal said...

whose

 
At 8:30 PM, Blogger Robert A. Ganoosh said...

Sadly, Gummo takes place in Ohio, which happens to be the state I live in. Not all Ohioans are crazy AP, I swear. Don't judge the whole state by me and the people in that movie.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home