Sunday, December 11, 2005

Monthly Report for December

Financial Update

We now have over $5,000 in the Suicide Squad, LLC account. We're still shooting to begin production in the first part of March, which means we have about 85 fundraising days left.

Legal Update

We finally have all our paperwork back from the state, and have received final blessing from our legal counsel on all of our contracts, so investor packages will be going out this week (finally).

Artistic Update

Last weekend, I completed Suicide Squad Draft 4.4. This was the draft compiled after the table read of the previous version in LA a few weeks ago. Meeting all the actors and hearing the words read aloud helped a great deal. Our director, Neil Weiss, really helped me nail down the characters, their motivations, their endings, etc. I believe this version is much improved from the previous, which I humbly admit I was actually pretty pleased with. (I got video of about half the table read before Adams' camera died. It's of an old draft, but I'll see what I can do to make some of that footage available on-line.)

Last night, I read the latest version in its entirety, and noticed a couple of areas I still need to clean up, but this is hopefully close to the final version.

Cast Update

Shanola Hampton recently had a GREAT run as the recurring character "Flash" on WB's Related. TJ is now appearing on UPN's Eve. Brandon Gibson is now writing for and starring in Totally Busted. We've recently seen Shelley on West Wing, Adam on Passions, and Cliff seemingly on some show almost daily.

I am so proud of our cast, and so excited to be working with them on this project.

Advertising Update

Thank you to all of our Blogger and MySpace friends who've been helping us promote www.boxofstars.com, and to all of you who've purchased Suicide Squad and McDougal gear at our CafePress store.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home