Friday, November 25, 2005

Interview with Shanola Hampton

We recently saw you on WB's "Related." A recurring on a popular new network show is a pretty good gig. Can you tell me about that experience? Has it opened any other doors for you?

Its a wonderful gig! Laura Breckenridge, who I work the most with, is such a wonderful person and we have a great time together. I play a character named 'Flash' who is so much fun. She is an experimental theater student with a sarcastic flare. The show provided some really great exposure and doors for meetings with other networks have opened up.

What else can we see you in?

Well right now I'm just doing "Related," however, with pilot season approaching I hope to change that.

How long have you been in LA? What drove you to come out here and pursue your dreams?

I've been in LA for about 5 years. I came one summer before my last year of graduate school, and worked at a casting office as an intern. The casting office actually brought me in for an audition and I got the job. Prior to that summer my plan was to move to New York, but when I saw how quickly things unfolded, I knew that LA was where I was meant to be.

My family in South Carolina always knew I would move away and pursue my passion for acting. Los Angeles sort of chose me and I couldn't be happier.

So, you've signed on for the role of Sarah in "Suicide Squad." How would you describe this character?

Sarah is a very strong, educated woman. She calls things as she sees them and usually has statistical facts to back up her very strong points. She is on a mission. She loves to get into the minds of the other characters. She loves to push their buttons. Basically she's a bad ass!

You recently met the director, writer, and other members of the cast for the first time. What were your thoughts after meeting your co-stars?

I was so impressed! Glenn is so warm and talented. Neil is awesome, he is very straight to the point, which I love. I know working with him is going to make me a better actor. The cast is just so talented, each role is so perfectly cast. I am very excited about getting started!

Adam's been talking about this role to you for a long time. He's pictured you for this part from the beginning. What can you tell us about Adam and how he convinced you to take on this role (I believe even before you saw the script)?

Well, Adam is truly like family to me, he is like the brother I never had. It didn't take any convincing, I know anything Adam is attached to is going to be fabulous. When he told me he had a part for me I was honored. Then when I read the script I knew I had to play Sarah.

2 Comments:

At 12:05 PM, Blogger Ryan Holiday said...

related is a god awful show.

 
At 1:50 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Shanola Hampton is my Auntie!!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home