Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Executive Producer

So, Adam and I are now executive producers.

It's definitely the best job title I've ever had, but rather than the fat paycheck I envisioned it would bring with it, the title is costing me a shit load of money right now.

Between plane tickets to LA, incorporation fees, accountant and legal fees, Web design fees (more on that later) and the other miscellaneous crap associated with the gig, the expenses are mounting, and we haven't even come close to getting actual production off the ground.

We tell people we are in "pre-production" mode, but I don't even know if we've gotten far enough to legally call it that. Is there such thing as pre-pre-production?

We have a script, a director, and a cast.

We also have $11k raised to get this off the ground.

That's a good start. But we have a long way to go.

Per the schedule, we're supposed to start seriously going after investors in November, but we can't do that until all our accounting crap is straightened out.

Also, we have to put together the contracts, business plan outlines, and some sort of slick marketing materials to highlight what we've got going on here.

But should my whining be interpreted as a negative spin, that's not how I feel about the project at all.

It's the most exciting thing I've ever done.

It feels great to take control of the project. I'm actually enjoying mixing the business with the art.

It's a whole new world for me -- blending elements of my professional life (as a finance stooge) with my lifelong dream.

It's gonna happen.

But it's not gonna be easy.

Nothing truly worthwhile ever is though.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home